Sunday, October 14, 2012

6th Edition! Space Wolves Yet Again!

Hiya!

Rune here with some thoughts on 6th ed and space wolves.

6th edition seems to have made me a better player because it has made me think more on my chices for my army list as well as how i use all my units.

After a few games against necrons and tyranids, i have come to the conclusion that Space wolves are still Twin linked awesome.

The thing i find myself short of in most of the games i play, are Grey Hunters.... I usually play 1500 Pts Limit so i tend to take three troop choices as a minimum, while very often not getting a 4th because of te lack of points, but i'd like to say that the 4th group would be very welcome in 1750 armies.

As my armylist is now it contains:

HQ:
Rune Priest w/ Runic Armour, 2 Divination Powers.(Warlord) 120
Wolf Priest w/ Saga Of The Hunter, Combi-Plasma, Melta Bombs 125

Troops:
Grey Hunters(7) w/ Meltagun, Wolf Standard, MotW, Rhino 175
Grey Hunters(7) w/ Meltagun, Wolf Standard, MotW, Rhino 175
Grey Hunters(10) w/ 2x Plasmagun, Wolf Standard, MotW,  190

Elites:
Wolf Guard(3) w/ 2x Combi-Melta, 1x Combi-Plasma 69
Dreadnought w/ 2x Twin-Linked Autocannons 125
Dreadnought w/ 2x Twin-Linked Autocannons 125

Heavy Support:
Long Fangs(6) w/ 5x Missile Launchers 140
Vindicator w/ Siege Shield 125
Vindicator w/ Siege Shield 125

1494 in total...


Any thoughts?

Can do pretty allright against Flyers as well with a good deal of Twin Linked weapons and the Rune Priest!

2 comments:

  1. Hey dude, saw your post on Imperius Dominatus about Space Wolves Rune Priests (which looks like an updated version of the article I wrote for the Space Wolves Blog).
    Was wondering if you wanted to write for the Space Wolves Blog as Noam is looking for talented Wolf Lords to lead the pack to glory once again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, well... if i could think about it? I'd still like to write for mercer though. If all space wolves related articles i write end up being posted both in I.D. and The space wolves Blog i could give it a try. But i can't post very often because of life in general is consuming alot of my time.

      if you wanna discuss further on anything,
      then shoot me an e-mail at tusleplopp@hotmail.com

      Delete